- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- grapeseed/olive oil
- 1 lb, skinless, boneless chicken thighs (I have also used breasts)
- Cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (15 oz) can unsweetened light coconut milk
- 2 TBS red curry paste
- 1 TBS natural peanut butter
- 1 TBS reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups green beans, halved lengthwise if large
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin bite size strips
- I cut into round pieces and pre-boiled/steamed for 5 minutes before
- 1 red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (optional)
- I substituted sweet onion and added after cooking chicken
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Lime wedges (optional, garnish)
Add oil to skillet/wok, heat over medium high heat. Add chicken; cook until no longer pink, stirring frequently.
Stir in coconut milk, red curry paste, peanut butter and soy sauce until well combined, bring to a boil.
Once at a boil, add green beans, carrots and peppers and again bring to a boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 10 – 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in cilantro and green onions and serve with lime wedges.
**1 cup chicken mixture and 1/2 cup rice is aprox 400 calories, 14g fat, 460 sodium, 38g carbs, 6g fiber, 30g protein
**Adapted from Skinny One-pan Recipes, Better Home and Gardens