Brown sugar is my new favorite ingredient for a chicken rub. This is one of my new favorite recipes!
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon smokey paprika
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add grapeseed oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and sear both sides until golden brown, about 4-6 minutes per side; set aside.
- Add additional oil to skillet if needed and add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, honey, oregano, thyme and basil until mixture thickens, about 2 minutes. Use a spatula and coat each chicken breast with a small amount of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the paprika on top of each chicken piece.
- Line the bottom of a casserole dish with foil and added 1/2 cup of chicken broth or stock.
- Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve chicken immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
The brown sugar melted a bit from the top and made a sauce with chicken breast and the chicken skin tasted like candy!
Inspired from the below: